Keep in touch to win!
You’ve probably seen the statistics? It costs anywhere from 5 times to 20 times more to win a new customer than to keep an existing one. In today’s challenging times it has never been more important to keep in touch with your customers and clients. Here’s why!
You’ve probably wondered why so many successful businesses forever bombard you with emails or mail shots (or in some cases phone calls)? Well the answer is revealed in these interesting statistics:
- A massive 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
- Just 25% of sales people make a second contact – and stop there
- Another 12% of sales people only make 3 contacts – and stop
- Only 15% make more 3 contacts
I can see you’re thinking! ”So what”? The answer is simply this:
- A mere 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- Only 3% are made on the second contact
- Just 5% are made on the third contact
- But 10% are made on the fourth contact …
- So leaving a massive 80% of sales that are made on the fifth to twelfth contact!
Surprised? Don’t be! Think of your own buying behaviour – how often do you respond to the first, second or even third contact you have from a sales person?
So how do we tap into this incredible opportunity? It’s remarkably easy – you need to create a structured and consistent follow up system – a Touch System – to keep in touch with your prospects. In fact not just your prospects but your customers as well – if they don’t hear from you regularly then why would you be the first person to come to mind when they need services or products like yours? Why wouldn’t your competitors have been contacting them and persuading them to switch?
So let me pose a question – what are you going to do differently going forward to transform your business?
Remember and reflect:
If you have sold to a customer and they’ve not bought from you in the last 10 weeks – and you’ve not contacted them during this time – they aren’t a customer anymore!
If it costs anywhere from 5 to 20 times more to win a new customer than to keep an existing one, why wouldn’t you regularly keep in touch with everyone you have on your sales database?
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch, keep in touch and see your sales soar!
If you would like to discuss how we can help you to improve your customer contact systems get in touch with me today!